Vacancy Announcement: (1) Position Finance Assistance Reporting to the: Ministry of Justice.
Duty Station: Bay region Baidoa State Date: 28th Aug, 2018
Application closing date: 3rd September, 2018
The Ministry of Justice of Southwest State of Somalia is seeking qualified people from a recognized tertiary institution in the field of law, political science/ international affairs, international development studies, gender/women’s studies, human rights or a related field. Other educational background within social and political science may be accepted provided the candidate has demonstrated experience within gender, human rights, rule of law and justice sector institutional development.
The Gender Unit will be established within the framework of the Somalia Constitution which guarantees equality and right to freedom from discrimination and guided from the various global, regional, and national policy commitments to gender equality and women empowerment (including Somalia National Gender Policy; SC Resolution 1325 on Women Peace and Security; CEDAW; the Beijing Platform of Action; the SDGs; the Solemn Declaration on Gender Equality in Africa (SDGEA);the African Charter and Its Protocol on the Rights of Women in Africa for Gender Equality). These policy documents provide a framework for integrating gender perspectives into the legal and judicial structures and institutions at policy and operational levels.
In this context, gender mainstreaming entails integrating gender issues into the justice sector and administration and improves the Government’s overall response to gender-based issues within and outside these institutions. With the establishment of the Gender Unit, the integration of gender issues in the justice sector has been recognized as key to operational effectiveness and institutional credibility.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all office administration duties including quotation requests, purchase order follow-ups, stationery supplies, Computer and IT support services in the form of hardware procurement, software installation, routine file back-ups and computer
- Ensures that adequate financial controls are in place to maintain propriety and proper accountability of expenditures
- Ensures the financial transactions are properly authorized, recorded, have adequate supporting documentation, filled, maintained and can be easily extracted for the purpose of preparing financial statements; and financial
- Monitors budgets and expenditures and contribute to preparation of budget revision
- Prepares and submits timely and reliable UN Women financial documents and financial
- Checks budget lines to ensure that all transactions are booked to the correct budget lines
- Responsible for any financial tasks related conferences, workshops,
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
- Participate in financial audits
- Implements financial policies and procedures and Track bank deposits and payments
- Prepares requests for cash and ensures all disbursements have appropriate supporting documents
- Produces invoices and ensures they contain the necessary information to facilitate timely payment and Follows up on outstanding invoices
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of secondary education
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business administration is an
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in finance and administration
- Experience in working in a financial computerized software using multiple office software packages;
- Experience in supporting a
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in Somali and English (oral and written)
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to submit their application and CV as hardcopy to the office of the Ministry of Justice & Judiciary Southwest State of Somalia-Baidoa or to the email address email@example.com & CC: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 1st September, 2018
Qualified female candidates are very encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.