Radio Ergo is a unique service providing daily humanitarian information to the Somali public disseminated using shortwave broadcasts, FM rebroadcasts, website and social media platforms. Ergo manages a network of 20 freelance correspondents across Somalia, providing original material for the programming. The content of programming focuses in food security, heath, gender and social inclusion, protection, children and youth, governance and accountability, and other key issues. Radio Ergo is run by the local affiliate of International Media Support (IMS) (www.mediasupport.org), IMS Productions ApS.
IMS Productions ApS is recruiting a Somali Producer. The person we are seeking will be a dynamic journalist, who is keen to make a difference in the media and will work as part of our production team based in Nairobi. S/he will report on humanitarian issues, gather material from a wide range of sources including our network of locally based stringers, and produce and present high quality programming to serve the Somali audience.
- Research and report on humanitarian issues;
- Conduct interviews;
- Liaise with local freelance correspondents;
- Record, edit, mix, and present original radio programming;
- Produce and write material for the website and social media platforms;
- Contribute ideas for programme planning;
- Plan programme cycles;
- Work with the editor and production team on special projects.
- Solid education with a University degree being an advantage;
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in journalism;
- Experience of reporting and writing for radio and digital media platforms;
- Proficiency in broadcast software such as Adobe Audition, Adobe Premier and/or Final Cut;
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in Somali and English;
- Good knowledge of the Somali media and wider environment;
- Creativity, determination, curiosity;
- Ability to live and work in Kenya.
How to apply
Applicants should send a CV with a short covering letter outlining qualifications, experience and motivation for applying for this post, addressed to the Editor, Muhyadin Ahmed Roble email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: 11 September 2018
(Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted).